Thursday, January 11, 2007

SSMS: T-SQL Intellisense Addins

I have had my eye on a few of the T-SQL Intellisense applications that have shown up since microsoft excluded intellisense from the T-SQL part of the Texteditor in SSMS after beta 1 of Sql Server 2005. I even went so far as to having a bash at creating one of my own (I will include my own attempts in a future blog - for anyone who might be interested). I have had a look at SQLPrompt, albeit version 2 (I hear a version 3 is due for release soon) and I found it too annoying to work with on an everyday basis. The biggest problem was that it kept on trying to authenticate which drove me a little crazy. Yesterday I decided to download the beta of SQLAssist (SSMS) and have been suitably impressed so far. One of my colleagues thinks it is "The Nuts" but I am not prone to handing out such glowing compliments until I have had a better look at it. So I will be working with it for the next week or so and will report back on what I think and maybe include some of the features I have found to be very useful.

3 comments:

Colin Kirkby said...

Sorry, I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

I think it probably translates to "It's the nuts" Colin :)

QuickBooks payroll technical services said...

Hey! I liked your blog. It has a high-quality content and supporting statement for the topic. For a business like yours, you can use QuickBooks software for managing your accounting activities. In case you discover any inconvenience in your software, dial QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number 1-833-401-0204 and get the paramount level of customer satisfaction at your door. Read more: https://www.mildaccounting.com/quickbooks-payroll-tech-support-number/